Friday 20 June 2008

AGE CONCERN NEED MORE VOLUNTEERS



AGE CONCERN PERRY BARR
7 HASSOP ROAD
PERRY BARR
B42 2SL


I popped in to see a number of elderly residents at the befriending session held in the Emanuel Church Kettlehouse Road, again yesterday.
Although I only intended to say half an hour or so for have a chat I ended up staying for the complete session, engrossed by the splendid entertainment provided by a due called Cherrywood. Their singing, light hearted poetry and humour, proved to me Britain really does have talent.
Well done to Age Concern for putting on such good entertainment for our elderly residents.
Unfortunately I was informed that Age Concern are struggling a little, to carry on with their befriending activities, because they need more volunteers. These sessions take place at 2pm every Thursday. If you can help please give them a ring on 358 0309.

No comments: