Wednesday 3 December 2008

IS THIS THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF A FULL TIME ENVIRONMENTAL WARDEN IN OSCOTT?

There are now moves afoot from the current Council Administration to reduce the number of Environmental Wards in the city to 40. (it was over 50)
The proposals also advocate each constituency only having 3 Wards each (there are 4 wards per constituency) with 10 wardens used as a kind of flying squad across the City.
At yesterdays Council meeting I argued strongly that each ward in the city have its own Regulatory Warden.
These wardens like Debi Parsons Oscott's well known former warden, should be multi skilled, have local knowledge, be hands on and have enforcement powers.
Although I may have lost the day I was pleased that at least some of the Conservative and Liberal Councillors agreed with me.
We need to take our environment seriously.
Councillor Barbara Dring and I will continue the battle to keep a warden in Oscott.

No comments: