Wednesday 22 July 2009

BLACK COUNTRY MUSEUM VISIT WELL WORTH WHILE BUT VERY TIRING







I was very pleased to be able to help out on a trip organised by the Oscott Disability Group, to the Black Country Museum. I have to admit how ever I did find it very tiring. You some times forget how much work careers have to put in. Some of them do this day in and day out and not like me, just on the odd day out.
The day itself although it rained went very well. The ORG's new fold up electic scooters had a few problems but nothing that could not be sorted out. Many of those who went on the trip told me "seeing the old shops and factories really brought back some old memories".
I would like to Thank George Hough and Nigel Quinn not just for organising the trip so well but also for allowing me to help out. It was a real pleasure and I do home elderly and disabled residents will be able do do more of these trips in the future.

No comments: