Wednesday 18 November 2009

HAWTHORN ROAD LIGHTS SWITCH ON


I was delighted to be asked to present the Hawthorn Traders Association best Christmas shop window award today. Children from the Hawthorn Road Junior school acted as impartial judges and chose Miles pet supplies as the winner.
It was I am told a close run thing but Miles Pet shop who have been on the Hawthorn Road for generations were ruled the worthy winners.
The owner Mr Miles than had the honour of switching on the Hawthorn Road Christmas lights.
I would like to say well done to all those at todayS switch on including Father Christmas, traders , children and other shoppers. I would in particular like to thank the team led by Jeanette Hart for collecting funds for the Christmas lights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were Father Christmas?