Wednesday 24 November 2010

OSCOTT ELDERLY RESIDENTS GROUP HAS SUCCESSFUL TRIP TO CADBURY WORLD




As a regular attender of the Oscott Elderly Residents Group monthly Tea and biscuit session (I give advice and try and help out) I was delighted to be asked to go along to help out on their coach trip to Cadbury World today. Councillor Barbara Dring who also came along and I were thrilled to see how this trip brightened up the day of those who went.

Many of those who do not get many opportunities to get out and about and I know they all enjoyed them selves. Both Councillor Dring and myself were pleased to be help by pushing wheel chairs and so on. The free Curly whirly and Chocolate buttons were also a nice treat for all concerned.
Well done Maureen Byrne Chair and main fund raiser for the group for finding the funds and organising the trip.
For more details about this group please ring 464 1869

No comments: