Saturday 18 June 2011

THE ELDERLY MUST BE LISTEND TO

There have been a number of Council meetings of one sort or another which I have had to attend, I did however manger to find the time to pop in and see a number of elderly residents in the area.
As well as going along to the Oscott Elderly residents Group meeting (ring 681 1826 for details) where I took part in a relaxation and exercise class from which I am still recovering. I also popped to Edith Pope House.
I always enjoy these visits because you can learn so much from elderly residents.

One thing they all have in common is a nervousness about the way our streets are going. The Councils inability to kill and remove weeds growing on pavements in the area, concerns many elderly residents because of the potential trio hazard they can be.
Many older residents also feel betrayed about the way they are to loose winter heating allowances and so on.
I will certainly continue to press the Council to maintain our pavements and keep them free of weeds. Oscott has had weed spraying teams out but the results as yet leave much to be desired.

No comments: