Tuesday 3 June 2014

THE WHEELIE BIN ROLL OUT IS STILL SET FOR NEXT YEAR IN OSCOTT

A question I am still being asked on a regular basis is by more and more residents is "when can I have my wheelie bins".
As far as I am aware the proposed  wheelie bin roll out in Oscott is still between March and June next year.
Given the size of the operation as the roll out is happening across the whole city there may be some slippage in this time scale but lets hope not.
Residents still have time to work out how they are going to store these bins, many have told me they are having small neat wooden rails put around the bins when they come. other are screening them with shrubs or simply putting them at the back of their homes. What ever resident decide to do they have some time to decide.

There are still some residents who are not aware over 99% of the wheelie bins are being made in the UK and that if they are disabled or elderly they may ask for assistance to move the wheelie bins.

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding wheelie bins please email me on Keith.Linnecor@birmingham.gov.uk

No comments: