Play it safe Bonfire night and at the run up to it?
- Be careful how you handle fireworks and light them. Read the instructions.
- Aim Fireworks well away from buildings.
- Never use petrol or similar substances to help light a bonfire.*
- Make sure your bonfire is away from buildings and fences.
- Keep a bucket of water handy
- If in doubt ask the Fire brigade for advice about holding a Bon fire.event at home*
- Let your neighbours know when you are having a bonfire.
- Keep pets safe and indoors when fire works are being set off.
- Check your Bon fire for wild animals like Hedge Hogs before you light it.
- Enjoy the event and play it safe.
Or why not go along to a safe free event like the one a Pype Hays Park.