Saturday 14 March 2009

BOOTHS LANE IS AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN


I have finally given up trying to negotiate my way past the pot hole ridden Booths Lane ( un adopted section). I can no longer risk the damage that could occur to my car.
IT HAS GOT WORSE THAN EVER OVER THE LAST TWELVE MONTHS!

I this think the Booths Lane problem is one which has been and will continue to be a difficult one to resolve. We have all heard various promises made and not have as yet been honoured.
I will continue and I am sure both the other Oscott Councillors will also try and get the Council to resolve this issue.
The only promise I can make on this issue is I will keep trying to help get it resolved.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

With the remote chance that any of the council members responsible for the safety of road users be they motorists of pedestrians are reading any of Keith's excellent blogs, I would like to offer you a challenge. Come for a ride with me on my motorcycle along Booths lane and then tell me that you are not concerned about the safety of everyone that uses it. And just in case you feel that there is an alternative route available in the form of using Queslett road. Is there not plans to make the junction with Booths Lane safer there also. Come on do the job that you are being paid to do before you are forced to face an inquest because someone is killed because of the dangerous condition of this road.

Anonymous said...

Is the cost of adopting this road and making the road safe more than the cost of a human life?

Anonymous said...

The state of Booths Lane is worse than it has ever been. Politics need to be forgotten and the Council Authorities must bite the bullet and do something before some gets hurt. Either get the road repaired or Adopt it.
I am happy to try and work with anyone to try and resolve this problem.