Tuesday 12 May 2009

ALDRIDGE ROAD DAY CENTRE TO CLOSE


The Birmingham City Council Administration Council Cabinet has decided to close the Aldridge Road Day Centre at their recent meeting. I suppose this was not that unexpected, given very view believed that the so called consultation process was anything more than a sop to the careers of the users of the centre.
While I except that there has been a lot of neglect to the Centre over many years the answer should have been to upgrade it and make it a more multi purpose centre. I know many of those vulnerable users of this centre will suffer as a result of the closure of the centre and I find the decision to close the centre shameful.
I really do now hope the users of this centre are given the maximum amount of consideration in what will be for many of them a difficult time of adjustment, they deserve all the care that can be given to them.

No comments: