Monday 20 December 2010

THERE NEEDED TO HAVE BEEN MORE GRITTING DONE EARLIER

Like most Oscott residents I have been very concerned about the way our roads have been (or not been) gritted over the weekend.
While I can accept we have had a lot of snow and the weather is very cold it does seem to me in the north of the city the Council Administration has been slow to react.
Roads like the Aldridge Road and Dyas Road were not gritted early enough in my view. Neither were a number of other roads in Oscott. Bus routes were in many cases left ungritted for some time.
As for refilling grit bins on side roads this is being done very slowly if at all. I have but in dozens of requests for local residents.
This Council does not really seem to have learnt many lesson's from last year. Lets hope they will now get their act together.

No comments: