Monday 25 April 2016

THE BATTLE FOR BETTER TREE PRUNNING AND REPLACEMENT WILL GO ON ALL YEAR AROUND



I am still trying to get more of the large trees in Oscott either more heavily pruned or replaced and I will continue to do so whether there is an election on or not.

This campaign is a long term one and I am calling on all concerned to change the way things are being done

I have with the help of the Perry Barr MP been lobbying the Relevant Government department to look again at the tree pruning standards they impose on Councils..

I have with my fellow Ward Councillors help organized meetings where tree issues have been discussed and as a result some extra trees are being removed but not enough .
More are planned latter this year.

I shall to complain about this issue to Amey Highways and the Council and will certainly not be dropping the subject as soon as the elections are over.

I certainly cannot promise to get every tree that is causing a problem removed or pruned but  I  will try and help where I can.

No comments: