Thursday 3 August 2017

GREAT BARR LEISURE CENTRE NEWS



Along with Councillor Barbara Dring I have been looking into the Great Barr Leisure Centre issue.

It appears to be closing for what hopefully will only be a short time on the 8th of August.
I have spoken to Council officials who are in confidential  discussions with the Great Barr Academy regarding possible different running arrangements when the school finally takes over the running of the site.

I cannot say too much at this stage but the Council officers responsible  are very hopeful that when the school returns from its break a reasonable conclusion to negotiations will take place.

I have also contacted the school urging them to consider the interest of the local community when negotiating the terms of the take over.

The Governments cuts in their funding to the Birmingham City Council are really starting to be noticeable now

I would like to thank Jane for the information below.

I use the Streetly Association centre on Foley Road ( Sutton Coldfield) Facilities for table tennis, squash, badminton, dance studio etc.. Not too expensive either. A good alternative to Great Barr.

No comments: