Thursday 27 January 2011

STANDARDS OF STREET REPAIRS IN OSCOTT MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO DROP


Just one example of the signs I had to report for being left behind after the job had been completed weeks before
One of the down sides regarding repairs and improvements which are taking place at last in some roads in Oscott is the mess some of the roads are being left in.


I am going out monitoring many of the roads which are having carriage way repairs and finding when the contractors have left they are leavings signs, sand bags, cones and so on to litter the area, for some time after the work has finished.
This is not good enough and I am chasing up the local street inspector to get many such signs and cones removed.
I am also keeping an eye on the standard of resurfacing work that is being carried out and have spotted a few problems. What we don't want is another Burnham Road fiasco where I had to report pot holes appearing as soon as the work was done, which resulted in the new surface being relayed.

If you have come across this problem please contact me on 360 6486

No comments: