Sunday 20 January 2013

PLEASE JUST USE GRIT FOR THE CARRIAGE WAY



I have been out on grit bin patrol today and most in Oscott are empty.
With this in mind I would ask residents to make sure the carriage ways on our road get priority.
I know there is a temptation to use it on garden paths and so on but to help keep our roads clear and safe use the grit only for the carriage way.
I have informed the Highways department of the current empty grit box situation and where many of these empty bins are. They have assured me they will be filled ASAP.
Main roads are passable at the moment but unless grit is put where it should be we may have major problems with some smaller roads.

If you have a problem with an empty grit bin please email me Keith.Linnecor@yahoo.com or ring  303 2039 (messages) with the details

Also see twitter posts

No comments: