Friday 16 October 2015

AMEY TOLD SOME OF THEIR WORK NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED



Amey Highway officers attending Oscott ward meeting yesterday were told although some of the work they are currently doing re carriage way and pavement upgrades is fine some of it leaves much to be desired.
As a former  Considerate Street lay assessor volunteer, I often still take a look at the work being carried out on our roads and I have picked up on a number of issues I have come across such as unevenness  poor edge bonding and signs being left behind. A number of other Oscott residents have also complained to me regarding issues they have picked up. This is all being passed on to Amey for their attention.

While as I say much of the work is fine and those doing the work are getting on with it in good fashion, unless the work is finished of properly there may be problems with it in the future.
Residents have asked for a better inspection of the work to be carried out before it is signed of and I fully support their request.

No comments: