Thursday 29 October 2015

DUE TO CUTS IN POLICE FUNDING PARKING WILL GET WORSE AROUND OSCOTT SCHOOLS.

Sadly due to the amount of funding cuts made to the West Midland Police Force budget by the Central Government it looks highly likely there will be a drastic reduction in Police activity in the Oscott Ward. I am sure those left will as ever do their best for Oscott but there will be a difference to be seen.

I am particularly concerned about the issues of parking around schools in Oscott. The Great Barr School, the Perry Beeches Schools and Cardinale wiseman already have serious parking issues as do the all the local primary schools.
The Police with their current staffing levels do try to get around to these schools to deal with parking problems I have no doubt when there are less officers there will be even more problems.

Although I fully understand how vicious the Governments cuts have been to the West Midlands Police Service (as they have been to the Birmingham City Council) I have requested the Police Commisioner look again at the situation. I am also calling on other concerned parties to see what further measures can be taken to help ease the problems.

No comments: