Monday 3 April 2017

THANKS FOR THE THANKS



Over the last few days I have received a number of messages, emails and an odd letter thanking me for helping to save the Burford Playing fields from the developers.

Naturally I and I am sure my 2 fellow Oscott Ward Councillors Barbara Dring and Tristan Chatfield would be the first to admit we did not want to have to be in a situation where our help was needed.

But having said that without residents like Jeanette  Hart and Ken Brown ( and many others) I do not think there would have been a change of heart from the Council.
We have all been working for some time to try and secure the future of this site and just recently other councillors from different wards have come on board as well.

Its been a case of the more the merrier and I would also like to think the large petition I presented to the Council last year on behalf of residents helped.

No comments: