Thursday 15 May 2008

AGE CONCERN BEFRIENDING SCHEME GOES FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH


I popped into the Emanuel Church today as I often do, to see how the elderly residents who go there, every Thursday afternoon for a chat, are getting on. I could not help but notice how this group has taken off, since I helped Age Concern set it up at the orginal location, the Tea Pot Cafe, a few years ago now.

They are enjoying meeting each other and have the ocasional guest speaker (like me) coming along to give them a talk. The Age Concern voluteers as you can imagine are doing a great job looking after things.

If you or some one you know would like advice or would like to go along on a Thursday afternoon to the Emanuel Church hall, to make friends over a cup of tea, give Age Concern a ring 358 o309

No comments: