Thursday 15 May 2008

WHAT RESIDENTS THINK?




I was delighted to be asked along with the other Oscott Councillors, to attend a street walk about with members of the Oscott Housing Liaison Board and Housing officers yesterday. Both Councillor Dring and I were pleased to attend at least. During the walk about we met a number of residents and heard their concerns.
It is good to see that after years in the doldrums with the help of their new Chair Carole Dempster the Oscott HLB is getting its act together and is starting to bring residents on board.
In my view surveys and leaflets are useful but you can not beat meeting residents and hearing their views, even if they are not what you expect.
I hope to be out and about as usual over the coming year meeting residents all over the Oscott ward and if you would like to meet Councillor Dring or my self please take a look at the next post for our surgery details.


No comments: