Friday 25 November 2011

AGE CONCERN'S PAT MATTROM TO RETIRE

Age Concern (now Age UK) stalwart Pat Motrom has sadly announced she will be retiring after 25 years. I know I can speak for my colleague Councillor Barbara Dring also.

Pat who has been a senior Age Concern executive member for Perry Barr, (including Oscott) Kingstanding and Weoley Castle has over the years done a terric job for the elderly in this area.
I have always found her to be an amazing caring and diligent person and her services will be badly missed by the Elderly in Oscott and myself.
Pat and I go back a long way and I remember well when we came up with the idea of committing Oscott Ward funds to starting a gardening scheme and Handy man Scheme for the elderly in Oscott. This idea then got taken up in other parts of the city.
One of her lasting legacies will be the newly refurbished Age UK Centre in Birdbrook Road and I have been proud to help her and Age Uk take over the old foundering Old Oscort Community Centre and put it to such good use.
I certainly wish her all the best for the future.

No comments: