Friday 5 February 2016

AMEY AGREE TO REMOVE AND REPLACE EXTRA STREET TREES

At yesterdays Oscott Ward Committee Chaired by Cllr Barbara Dring) Amey Highways announced they would be removing and at least 20 large street trees from streets in Oscott. The trees in  Oscott will be removed from streets where with the help of residents I collected names for petitions which  I then presented to the Birmingham City Council
Along with my Ward Councillor Colleagues I have made numerous requests to have trees removed and replaced.
I have called for many years for large trees which are overgrown and past their sell by dates to be removed and replaced in a phased and controlled way and now at last this is being done. There will be more trees removed and replaced over the coming years in order to thin out the trees in some roads in Oscott.
Some of the roads in Oscott which will have 2 or 3 extra trees removed will be. Birdbrook Road, Anstey Road, Harleston Road, Goodway Road.

No comments: