Monday 26 June 2017

THE ALDRIDGE ROAD ROAD SAFETY CAMPAIGN NEEDS YOUR INFORMATION




With the support of Councillor Barbara Dring and other members of the Oscott Labour Team, I am still leading a campaign for better road safety at the Greenholm Road/ Thornbridge Avenue and Greenholm Road Junction.

While residents know there have been a number of accidents involving injuries at this junction the Authorities do not seem to be aware of this.

I have been informed by the Cabinet member for Road Safety that there have been not enough reports of minor injuries happening at this junction and that the Council relies on the Police for reports on the subject.

This is not correct and simply not good enough. it seem to me something has gone wrong and I am calling for this to be looked into.

This junction has had a number of injury accidents and in the past I have managed to get some road safety measures put in place but there needs to be more.

If you have information dates and time when an accident at this junction has resulted in the emergencies being called out and an injury being reported can you please Email with the information.
I will make sure this information is passed on urgently

My Email address is Keith.Linnecor@Birmingham.gov.uk

I am also hoping the Great Barr Observer will help pass on this request for information to a wider audience.

THIS CAMPAIGN WILL GO ON.

No comments: