Monday 10 May 2010

ACCIDENT IN KETTLEHOUSE ROAD


There has been another car accident in Kettle house Road. This took place at the weekend. A car was badly damaged after the driver appeared to lose control?.
Following being contacted by a local resident and having spoken to a number of others in Kettlehouse Road. I have now been in Touch ith the Leader of the Birmingham City Council and the Cabinet member for Transportation informing them, (as they have the ultimate say on how this issue can be dealt with and find the funding to deal with it,) of the situation and that it is becoming a regular occurrence.
I have also spoken to Senior Transportation engineers asking them to look at the situation again urgently and offering if necessary to meet them on site if it helps. I am awaiting their responses.
I have already put forward a number of proposals in the past for them to consider in regards to equipment they could use to improve things and reminded the Transportation Department that they were going to look at 20mph zones around schools and Bandywood Road for example is a road where this should take place.
A local KH Road resident also volunteered to collect names on a petition on behalf of residents and he would pass it on to me in order for me to present it to the Council. I will be doing just that when I receive the petition.
Finally in the interim I have also requested the Police look into the matter and also use their Community Speed Watch initiative as often as possible in the area.

1 comment:

Special needs toys said...

Yet another crash this morning.
Ive sent you an email with the pictures