Friday 14 May 2010

DUNEDIN ROAD RESURFACING WORK SET TO START IN THE SUMMER


Now the elections are over lets hope there will be a move away from the I did this and I did that when it comes to Dunedin Road for example. We all know that a lot of people, residents and Councillors from all parties and so on have worked hard for years to try and get something done about Dunedin Road.
The pavements have now been resurfaced but the quality of the work in places leaves much to be desired and I have put in a number of complaints about it.

Mr Pritchard the Senior Birmingham City Engineer responsible for getting the carriage way resurfaced in Dunedin Road has assured me that Amey the Private contractor who will be carrying this out as part of the PFI initiative will be prioritising this work in the summer.
I have urgently requested that the road surface is fully repaired before ant resurfacing work is being carried out we do not want it to tun out to be another Burnham Road.

I am also with the help of residents trying to put the pressure on the Transportation department to deal with the problems of speeding traffic particularly vans in this road.

No comments: