Saturday 25 September 2010

THE PERRY COMMON LIBRARY FUN DAY


I was pleased to be asked to open the fun day session at the Perrycommon Library this morning. (Councillor Barbara Dring as Ward Chair will be officially opening the library at 3.30 today)

This is my local library and I have followed the progress of the building work with great interest over the past year or so. I think the library now looks great inside although I do miss the traditional entrance and exit. I must admit however the Community Chest Funding allotted for the modernising interior work in the Library, by the Oscott Ward has been well spent.

It is expected to be very busy today with a wide range of events for all of the family. The amazing Clive Chandler is performing a puppet show of Jack and the Beanstalk, Potsman Pat will be doing craft activities and there are pre-school stories and face painting throughout the day.

Local historian and genealogist Paul Wilkins we be show you how to trace your family tree and Steve Dyson is presenting a talk on the history of Perry Common. The magnificent Spencer’s will be showing a traditional Victorian magic lantern show later in the day and staff will be running introductory computer sessions for older people.

I have certainly enjoyed being at the library this morning and think the staff are in for a long day.

No comments: