Monday 6 September 2010

CABINET MEMBERS RESPONSE TO KETTLEHOUSE ROAD SPEEDING PROBLEMS

I have now received a letter from Councillor Timothy Huxtable (con) the Cabinet member for Transportation and Regeneration. He has confirmed that although his department does not recognise the need for any traffic calming measures in Kettlehouse Road, a Speed indicator sign is to be installed. This sign will be in place by the end of September.

I have informed Councillor Huxtable whilst I do not think this measure goes far enough it is at least a start. I am calling for more and better signage to be considered for the whole Bandywood Estate and for the prosed indicator signs, effect to be monitored.
I am also asking the Police to monitor the problem and that of speeding motor bikes on the estate.

No comments: