Saturday 3 March 2012

CARING FOR THE NEW TREES PLANTED IN OSCOTT


The Council have been planting a number of new trees in our streets recently which is something I have been calling for and welcome.
I would however like to see many more older large trees replaced in a phased way over the coming years.
I have been been out checking on a number of these new trees new trees planted in number of streets in Oscott and the majority seem to have been planted reasonable well. Staked out correctly and not interfering with drive ways and so on.

Given the drought conditions we are likely to face in the summer I would ask those who have had a new tree out side their homes to, once in a while during the summer if we have had dry weather put a bucket of waste water on the earth at the bottom of the tree to help it to survive.

If you have a problem with a new tree that has been planted near your home please let me know.
See my details opposite

No comments: