Monday 17 July 2017

THE BATTLE FOR A CROSSING ON DYAS ROAD HAS BEEN WON




I would like to thank the Neighbourhood Police Initiative organiser Brian Brookes for all his help in organising petitions asking for this crossing which I presented to the Council last year along with other letters from residents. I am also pleased despite the delay, the Coop supermarket near to where the Zebra crossing is to be located agreed to its installation. This has been a real battle but I have now been told this crossing will be installed over the next moth or so.

This is a busy stretch of the Road and my fellow Ward Councillors Barbara Dring. Tristan Chatfield and I have worked hard over the last year or so to help ensure this crossing would be installed.

It should help those using nearby bus stops on both sides of the road and to the local shops as well as hopefully reduce speeding in the road.

Clearly there are a number of other locations in the Oscott ward where Road safety improvement's of all sorts are needed and I will keep trying like I have at this location to get things done there to. Like at this location I will not be giving up.

No comments: