Monday 31 July 2017

WE ALL NEED TO USE THE KINGSTANDING CIRCLE SHOPPING PRECINCT SHOPS MORE



While doing one of my Councillors roving surgeries near the King standing Circle shopping precinct  the other day I was sadden to see its continued decline.

I spoke to a number of Oscott residents who all felt the same.

 I have asked the Perry Barr District office if they could get officers to look into this decline and offer any help assistance they can to traders and to encourage the owners to do what they can to improve the centre.
 I have also asked our Perry Barr MP to try and get the government to see if they can help with additional funding to centres like this.

Clearly one thing all those who are concerned about the running down of the centre and the amount of shops that are leaving can do is use the centre more for their shopping.

however Many of the residents I spoke to admitted, while they would like to see more shops in the Centre they still use the large super markets in the area much more and would probably continue to do so. This is a shame.

No comments: