Saturday 1 July 2017

THE BATTLE FOR ROAD SAFETY AT THE ALDRIDGE ROAD THORNBRIDGE ROAD GREENHOLM ROAD STILL GOES ON



OSCOTT RESIDENTS CAN HELP


I am still waiting for the Local Police and the Birmingham City Councils Transportation department to come up with what I consider the correct information relating to the Aldridge Road /Thornbridge Road/ Greenholm Road junction.
The Local Police team has explained that finding this information does take time. Clearly with the cuts to their numbers due to the Governments cut s in funding to the West Midlands this does not help.

However I will continue to press for this information and with the help of Councillor Barbara Dring the campaign for this junctions safety to be improved will go on.

Residents can still help in a practical way my letting me know dates and so on when accidents involving any injury has taken place.

I have also asked the Great Barr Observer for their assistance in the matter.

I have helped get some improvements at this junction and near by like speed indicators. 
I have been unlike some been battling for some years now to try and get improvements and I wont give up. The continued accidents at this junction proves to me that I am correct to carry on and I hope residents can help.

The issues of speeding road lay out and in some cases the ways cars the way cars are parked near this junction need to be addressed.

 I am also lobbying our MP to get the Government to give more funding ( there is clearly money in their coffers as we have seen following the election) to help councils like Birmingham to improve Road safety.

No comments: