Thursday 17 September 2009

PERRY BARR SPEED WAY PLANNING APPLICATION DEFFERED FOR 0NE YEAR.

You may well have heard the news but just in case you have not! The Perry Barr Speed way planning application has been deferred for 1 year.
It was felt by some of the Planning committee this would give the applicants time to see how the new style exhaust silencers work and if they help reduce the noise problem which some local residents have complained about so much.

I have my reservations as to whether 1 year is enough time to see if the new technology involved with regards to these new silencers works, but I could find no agreement to my suggestion that the decision should not be taken for 2 years instead.

I now hope that the applicants can resolve the noise problems and that Speed Way with all the obvious advantages it bring to Perry Barr and Birmingham will, succeed at the Perry Barr stadium and eliminate the perceived noise problems we are told about.

No comments: