Wednesday 27 January 2010

SANDWELL COUNCIL TAKING A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION ON QUESLETT ROAD


At long last Sandwell Council have agreed there is a problem on the Queslett Road. Following months of pressure being applied by local resident, the Great Barr Observer and my self (other Councillors have now joined in as well as has Khalid Mahmood MP) the Sandwell Transportation department are to recommend speed indicators be placed on the Sandwell side of the Queslett Road near the approach to the M6 motorway bridge and the Nova Court junction.
There are also proposals to resurface part of the Queslett Road carriage way at this location to improve the grip on the road there for vehicles.
This is certainly a step in the right direction however I am still leading the campaign to have the Nova Court junction improved along with my colleague Councillor Barbara Dring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do like your blog and thanks for the work you do.
You must get frustrated thow when A certain Tory Councillor tries to pinch your credit.

Keith Linnecor said...

Thank you for your comments I will continue to do what I can to improve the local area.
I try not to get into the political point scoring game so beloved by others.
I know what Councillor Dring and I try to do and I am sure others try and do their bit to.
If they want to claim all the credit going that is for their own conscience to deal with.