Wednesday 16 January 2013

SURPRISED TO RECIEVE A COMMUNITY AWARD



I was not only delighted but completely taken by surprised to find the organisers of the Oscott Community Games (which took place last year) * have awarded me a trophy.
It is for Community Leadership and awareness.
I would like to thank those involved for their kindness and to thank them for all their efforts organising their event last year which I was pleased to attend along with the Lord Major.

Finally I think we should all remember there are many community groups in Oscott whose members do Stirling work with out the recognition  there deserve. They are often hampered by lack of funding and an over kill amount of bureaucracy to put up with. All the Community Groups in Oscott should be applauded for the work they try and do.

If I can help any groups in any way please email on Keith.Linnecor@birmingham.gov.uk. Times are getting harder for Wards like Oscott but I will try and help if I can.



*See Sat 14th July 2012  post

No comments: