Friday 28 June 2013

THE 997 BUS ROUTE TO GET A BUS CHAMPION

Councillors like myself who are member of the West Midlands Integrated Transport Authority (Centro) are being asked to "Champion" a bus route. The idea is that we use and report on a particular bus route.
While some of us are already doing this to a certain extent it should mean more Councillors get involved with buses through out the West Midland.
Given a number of complaints and issues I constantly hear about regarding the 997 Walsall to Birmingham route (including a large chunk of the Oscott Ward) I have chosen the 997 route to champion.
I think I will have my work cut out but will give it a go.
I will certainly be listening to 997 users and trying to communicate with the Private bus company NX who run the service as well as Centro.
As a regular bus user my self I will continue to pass on first hand complaints about bus services genrally and the complaints I recieve from other bus users and residents.

No comments: