Monday 19 January 2009

ACTION ANNOUNCED AT LAST FOR DUNEDIN ROAD AND IN FOOTPATHS AND CARRIAGE WAY


After years of letters, site meeting, petitions and so on I am pleased to announce the Birmingham City Council, are to at last spend some money on the pavements and the concrete carriage way in Dunedin Road . £230000 in total. £150000 on pavements and £80000 on carriage way works. This has come about as part of a government funding initiative.
I am pleased,to see this is to be done, as I have always requested and they are to be carried out in a phased way.
The footway works will be carried out in the early part of next year and the carriage way works between. April and June next year. Some trees may have to be removed but should be replaced. There will also be another look at road safety issues.
Both Councillor Barbara Dring and I have been working along with Khalid Mahood MP , former Councillor John Cotton and others for some time on this issue and are pleased that there is now a significant step in the right direction.
I am sure with an announcement like this all sorts of claims will be made by all sorts of people but I hope residents will remember the efforts put in by all concerned.
I can also assure residents in Oscott who also have concrete carriage ways in their roads, I will not be letting the Transportation department forget them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Tory's will jump on this you watch!