Monday 7 March 2011

SELECTED TO FIGHT FOR OSCOTT


I am pleased to announce that members of the Oscott Labour Party have selected me again to fight for the Ward Oscott seat.

I am conscious that only having lived in the Oscott Ward for 30 years or so I am still learning a lot about it and its people but what I have learnt has made me realise what a privileged it has been to represent Oscott.
Fighting for Oscott and its residents is what it is all about. It is a constant battle to remind the authorities we are here and we want what is best for this area. Whether you are young or old I will if re-elected in May carry on doing the best I can for you and Oscott without making any false claims or promises.

It Is also a great honour to represent all the people of the City I was born in.
I am at the moment a member of the Planning Committee where the challenge of making tough decisions which are not always popular is also a worth while expedience.
AS a member of the integrated Transport Authority my work trying to ensure Public Transport is the best it can be despite constant cut backs by the Privatised Transport companies, it is also a great challenge and although it is recognised by many as being one of the most difficult committees to deal with. I do enjoy the challange despite it being under the control like the Government and the Birmingham City Council, of the Conservative , Liberal Coalition AND IS BEING HIT BY FAR TO MANY CUTS TO FAST

I hope that you will go out and vote at the local elections and will remember if you need one to get your postal vote and send it in.

Needless to say I hope you will consider voting for me and asking your friends and family to do the same and if you would like to know more about what i have been trying to do in Oscott you will read some of my previous posts.

No comments: