Saturday 23 March 2013

ITA CENTRO DUTIES



Earlier this week I agreed to travel to Reggio as part of a team from Centro to learn more about High Speed trains, electric vehicles and how Reggio promote Cycling in their town.
This was an EU funded exchange scheme.
It was an amazingly tough schedule having to travel by plane, train,coach and foot at various times.
I have certainly learn't (this was the first time I have ever been asked to do anything like this !) that they expect their monies worth out of you and you have very little time to yourself as it is all seminars and lectures as well as looking at various locations.
I now have to help with a report of our findings which will be given to the ITA.
It is clear to me although Reggio is clearly ahead of the game in many issues on transportation and Birmingham can learn a few tricks from them, the West Midlands are not doing to badly in a number of ways in the field of transportation.

No comments: