Wednesday 31 July 2013

CHANGE OF MIND REGARDING ALDRIDGE ROAD SPEED INDICATOR SIGNS

I have just been informed that Council Transport Engineers are now prepared to have Vehicle Activated Speed Signs put up on the Aldridge Road. They are now preparing to survey the various possible locations and hope the signs will go in later this year.
Councillor Barbara Dring, Councillor Tristan Chatfield and I welcome this some what belated decision as we having been calling for this action for a long time.
I have certainly got a very full file of requests for this to happen on behalf of a number of residents. There have been a number of car accidents and a number of parked cars have been damaged by speeding vehicles. Even more of concern is lot of school children cross this stretch of road.(Perry Barr Canal Bridge to Beeches Road / Old Oscott Lane)  I will not stop urging the introduction of these cameras until I see them in place. Other safety measure are however in my view still needed for this road as well.

No comments: