Tuesday 29 April 2014

NEW GREEN WASTE COLLECTION SERVICE NEEDS TO IMPROVE



I am still receiving complaints about the green waste collection service which has been introduced.
Collections are being missed both of bags and the emptying of bins and this is clearly not good enough.
There are also issues regarding the time it is taking for residents who have paid for a green waste wheelie bin to get one.again this is not good enough.

These problems need to be faced and I have been assured following my complaints on behalf of some Oscott residents they will be.
There can no longer be any hiding behind the fact that there are always teething problems with a new service. This service must improve and while I am receiving complaints I will do my best to get them resolved.
Having said that the amount of complaints I am receiving on these subjects is reducing (but still not quick enough for my liking.) We have to be up front about these problems and get on with resolving them.
 I am however on the other side of the coin also receiving comments from residents who are pleased with the service and now want to have their  refuge wheelie bins ASAP.
If you have a concern about the green waste collection service please email me on Keith.Linnecor@birmingham.gov.uk and I will do what I can to help.*

(Note if it a dumping of bags on the street issue  or non collection I will need your details and the location )

No comments: