Monday 17 October 2016

THE TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT HAVE CHANGE OF THOUGHT RE BUSY DYAS ROAD CROSSING


Following pressure from the 3 Oscott Councillors, (Barbara Dring , Tristan Chatfield and my self) the Transportation department have had a re think about the possibility of introducing a Zebra Crossing on Dyas Road near the Island junction with Old Oscott Lane.

Previous thoughts to introduce a pedestrian refuge have been withdrawn following my insistence that consultation with NX and Centro take place, when it was realized it would be difficult to maneuver buses around the refuges.

The case notes for the new proposal are being examined and put to the various bodies for consultation.
This scheme has my full support as I have been working on this issue without making any promises for some considerable time.
I would also like to thank Brian Brookes and other residents who helped me collect signatures' on a petition last year.


The original prosal was for a pedestrian refuge to be places as indicated by the out line below.

No comments: