Friday 23 May 2008

A DAY IN THE LIFE.

Had a busy day yesterday meeting wise. I ended up attending the Planning Committee, a Great Barr J&I school Governors meeting, a Goodway Nursery School Governors meeting and the Oscott Housing Liaison Board meeting. I often wonder how all these groups manage to pick the same day for their meetings?
In between meetings I met a number of residents who are concerned about the way recycling boxes are still being left all over the place, rather then being put back on residents gardens. Although I think most residents support door step recycling there is still a lot of discontent about how the system is working.
During another impromptu walk about A number of residents let me know in no uncertain terms how dangerous they think the Aldridge Road / Greenholm Road junction is. Needless to say I totally agree with them and assured them I will continue to press this issue with the Transportation department.
When I am out and about I am still having a number of residents tell me how sorry they were when they heard John Cotton had not retained his seat, I am sure he would have got some satisfaction knowing in what high regard he is held by so may residents.

No comments: