Friday 2 May 2008

NATIONAL EVENTS LOOSE LABOUR OSCOTT

It was very sad to see John Cotton who was undoubtedly one of the most able Councillors the Oscott Ward has ever had, loose his seat yesterday. His defeat clearly had far more to do with national rather than local issues. John has worked hard during his terms of office and has made his name sorting out issues for local residents.
While I congratulate his successor Councillor Graham Green on his victory I must warn him he has a very hard act to follow.
I wish John all the very best in what ever he does in the future as I am sure do the countless Oscott residents he has tried to help over the years.
I would also like to thank all those who voted for John on Thursday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spot on. The local Tory's are useless. It was the anti goverment vote which lost Councillor Cotton his seat.

OscottLocal said...

Great shame we lost John. He was a good councillor and a great deal better than that Tory burk Green will ever be.

Anonymous said...

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT cOUNCILLOR JOHN COTTON LOST HIS SEAT LAST WEEK.eSPECIALY TO SOMEONE LIKE THAT GREEN. IT WAS CLEARLY A PROTEST AGAINST THE GOVERMENT AS GREEN IS NOT IN THE SAME CLASS AS JOHN COTTON. EVEN THE TORY'S SAY THE SAME!

Anonymous said...

One down...two to go! Hee hee!

Anonymous said...

The last post says it all about the Tories! and I am not a Labour votor usually by the way.

Anonymous said...

I am sad that John has not been re elected as I felt he really cared about us consituents! He will be sadly missed

OscottLocal said...

Boy O Boy I like your blog, Keep it up.
The Tories are crap and Liberals are a joke locally, as for their beubg progresive who are they kidding.
PS You should be promoted


RS