Monday 2 March 2009

OSCOTT POLICE ACTIVITY DAY


I attended another Police Activity day on Saturday. The Police parked a Police information Centre on the Hawthorn Road and along with local resident groups representatives and my self who went along to help,spoke to a number of local shoppers about various issues.
Most of the resident I spoke to appreciated the Polices efforts and were pleased to see them activity consulting with shoppers, residents and traders alike.
Although many of the issues raised were of a policing nature, I did pick up a number of issues relating to the Council
These included the poor state of our roads, the increase in Council Tax,the lack of support for shopping areas like the Hawthorn Road, the possible closing Aldridge Road Day ,as well as other issues.
I understand there will be another Police activity day announced shortly.?

No comments: