Monday 13 December 2010

ROAD SAFETY WORK TO START AT LAST IN SANDY LANE

At long last work is to start this week on road safety measures near the Sandy Lane entrance to the Perry Beeches Schools, in Sandy Lane.
I was approached some time ago by residents who told me in the past no one had managed to get any safety measures taken and they needed help. Since then along with residents I have put pressure on the Transportation department to take action.
The Transportation department are now introducing new signs, road marking and bollards in an attempt to stop some parents parking in an inconvenient and dangerous way near the schools.
These measures are a step in the right direction but I still feel more needs to be done.
However I am sure if they do prove a success others with claim the credit next year but I may be wrong.

No comments: