Friday 3 December 2010

WE NEED MORE GRIT ON OUR ROADS IN OSCOTT

I have been busy this week fielding calls from angry residents about what they see as the poor gritting of our roads in Oscott. Worryingly a number of the complaints I have recieved have about our priority roads (those on bus routes and so on). As a result had to chase up highway chiefs to get them to ensure roads like, Dyas Road, Aldridge Road, Kettlehouse Road, Cooksey Lane for example were gritted adequately.
While I can understand the sudden on come of winter conditions has stretched the Council somewhat! I think more needs to be done in the future. One thing I will be calling for is yet more grit bins to help out those residents living on none priority roads, and who tend to be forgotten when we have wintry conditions.

No comments: