Friday 28 January 2011

ANOTHER ACCIDENT ON THE ALDRIDGE ROAD


There has been yet another accident on the Aldridge Road. This morning ambulances and the police were called out when 2 cars collided on the Aldridge Road near Paper Mill End.
The Council continually fail to recognise the Aldridge Road between the Boars Head and the Metropolitan college needs road safety measures to be introduced.
I am not talking about road humps, but other measures such as road markings,signage, pedestrian refuges and a traffic light which would all help the situation. The Council instead of rejecting residents petitions out of hand like they have done in the past, should be dealing with the situation.
On a foot note this accident has happened next to a site which the Planning committee (with the exception of my self) has agree ed that a container base with units can go. We may in the future have articulated lorries entering and exiting a site on this busy road with a bend in it. Not the best prospect I can think of.
I am continuing to press the Council to take action and have asked the Police to have a community speed watch event on the Aldridge Road in the near future.


Latest news
I have just been informed the accident was the result of ice on the road caused by a leaking man hole cover. This in no way alters my view that road safety measures should be introduced, but it does concern me that Seven Trent and Council engineers have not dealt with the problem of water at this location as I have been informed it has been complained about in the past.

No comments: