Thursday 10 May 2012

BATTLING THE MENACE OF DOG MESS IN OSCOTT

 I am fully aware from my case work that "dog fouling" is one of the subjects that gets to Local residents.Sadly however it is often ignored as it is not exactly a "glamour subject".
With that in mind I am continuing the battle against dog fouling in Oscott.
I recognise many dog owner do their duty and bag and remove their dogs mess, my aim is to remind those who don't they should.!
Stray dogs can also be a problem and dog owners need to remember to keep their fences in good order and and that ALL dogs should have a collar and a identity tag when in a public place, according to the law.
If your dog is picked up by the warden service there is a £25 fee for the return of your dog.

OSCOTT LIBRARY'S HAVE NOW RECEIVED (or will shortly) a supply of " doggy bags" which are given free to dog owners and I have helped get a number of litter bins, which can be used for bagged dog mess, in and around the Oscott area.
I have also attached a number of dog fouling warning notices on lampposts in Oscott.
Finally I am continuing to encourage the Dog Warden Service to patrol the streets in Oscot to discourage dog owners from letting their dogs foul our streets.
If you know of a particular problem area let me know I I will ensure the Warden Service are aware of it.

No comments: