Saturday 11 August 2012

WE NEED BETTER SMOOTHER PAVEMENTS IN OSCOTT

I work very closely with the Oscott Disability Group and from discussions with them I fully understand how important having good pavements is to them.
I have in the past myself experienced how rough a ride you can have when using a wheel chair or motorised scoot on our pavements in Oscott.
My fellow Oscott Councillors and I have worked hard to get our pavements improved in Oscott and in fact a number have been. Sadly however no where near enough. Despite promises from the last administration and from their contractor Amey, pavements in many Oscott Roads are still poor and may remain so due to the inflexibility of the contract awarded to Amey.
The criteria,s which are being worked to to get a pavement replaced or repaired are simply not good enough. Today in areas like Oscott where so many people use wheel chairs and scooters (also push chairs) better smoother pavements are needed.
I am attempting to put pressure on the Highways department all the time to improve our pavements and will continue to do so.

No comments: