Monday 25 February 2013

OSCOTT CYCLE LANES ARE NEEDED IN OSCOTT



There are now a number of cycle lane in Birmingham and many other towns and cities in this country.
Oscott seems to have been left out however. With this in mind I have asked the Transportation department if there is any merit in introducing some of these Cycle lanes in Oscott?
I am clearly not an Transport Engineer my self but i would like to promote cycling as an alternative to driving as an option in the area.
I think in this day and age given our roads are getting busier we should try to promote cycling  in Oscott as an alternative to driving.
 In the past I have tried to help by trying to get the Toucan style Pedestrian crossings installed (eg Shady Lane) and have some cycle racks erected near our shopping areas.
Cycle Lanes for many Oscott roads clearly may not be possible but I think it is an issue worth looking into.
If you have any suggestions please let me know and I will pass them on to the Local District Transportation Engineers for them to consider.
My email Keith.Linnecor@yahoo.com or please ring 303 2039 and leave a message for me.

No comments: